1031 Exchange Intermediaries works with clients to make sure they keep more of their money from real estate investments.
1031 Exchange Intermediaries was founded by Jim Davis, a St. Louis-based attorney who brings decades of experience to represent clients in the sale, acquisition, development, and management of residential and commercial real estate.
Since 1998, 1031 Exchange Intermediaries has acted as a qualified intermediary for clients throughout the United States in connection with tax-deferred exchanges of property. Although the company is based in Kirkwood, MO, a suburb of St. Louis, Jim and the team work seamlessly with clients wherever they are. Jim offers a personalized touch to all 1031 exchange cases to help clients every step of the way through the complex process.
Years of experience
Rating on Google
The 1031 Exchange Intermediaries team takes pride in guiding our clients through the challenging §1031 exchange process. We offer the highest levels of service by sticking by our core values:
- Integrity: We expect our staff to maintain a commitment to honesty, transparency, and ethical behavior in all business dealings.
- Respect – We believe in treating all individuals with dignity, regardless of their position or background.
- Accountability: The 1031 Exchange Intermediaries team takes responsibility for our actions and outcomes.
- Innovation – We encourage our team to be creative and to always seek continuous improvement.
- Customer-centric: Meeting the needs of our clients is our top priority; we take pride in making sure their §1031 exchange is a success.
- Teamwork: We expect our staff to foster a collaborative environment with colleagues and stakeholders to achieve common goals.
President Jim Davis founded §1031 Exchange Intermediaries, LLC, in 1998. As a St. Louis-based lawyer, Jim has represented clients in the sale, acquisition, development, and management of residential and commercial real estate. His background also includes time working as general counsel for a title insurance agency, a mortgage brokerage firm, and an owner of a residential rental property.
Jim received his Bachelor’s and Juris Doctor degrees from St. Louis University and has earned various distinctions, presentations, and publications include:
- Director and advisory director for local banks
- Author of Real Property Exchanges, which appears in the Missouri Bar Practice series on real estate
- Presenter for Exchanges under Section §1031 IRC
- Lecturer for continuing education credit for the Missouri Bar and St. Louis and St. Charles Board of Realtors
While working in the title insurance business in the early 90s, Jim began mastering the §1031 exchange process when the IRS first issued the original safe harbor regulations for doing tax-deferred exchanges. So you can count on him to provide rare, in-depth understanding and expertise to guide you.
We believe in giving our clients the tools they need to increase their understanding of §1031 exchanges. Our resources help keep them up to date on the latest trends and help them make the best decision for their situation.
Are you ready to maximize earnings on your real estate investment? Fill out the contact form below, and one of our representatives will reach out to you shortly.
"*" indicates required fields